Last updated on October 10th, 2019 at 10:48 am
The Texas Compassionate Use Program
Register In 4 Easy Steps
The Texas Compassionate Use Act now allows qualified physicians to prescribe low-THC cannabis to patients diagnosed with any of the following conditions:
- Epilepsy and seizure disorders of all forms
- Multiple sclerosis
- Terminal cancer
- Other incurable neurodegenerative diseases
To begin the step-by-step process on your own, click the button below.
Have questions or want guidance?
Registering with the medical cannabis program is understandably new to most physicians, but it’s easy and typically takes only a few minutes. To make the process as easy as possible, reach out to us!
Looking for more info on how medical cannabis can help your patients?
Browse a variety of current research and clinical trials, as well as formulation info and recommendations, all sorted by state-approved conditions.
Step 1: Visit Texas DPS Registry Portal
- To start the process, visit the Texas Department of Public Safety Compassionate Use Registry Portal here: https://curt.dps.texas.gov/app/application/physicianEmailInvitation.xhtml
- Enter your name and email address and click “Submit”
- An email including a link to the Physician Registration Wizard is now on its way to you
Step 2: Gather Your Info
You will need the following info to complete your registration:
- Texas Medical Board License number
- American Board of Medical Specialties number
- Texas Driver’s License audit number (see picture below)
Step 3: Check Your Email
- Once your email has been submitted, you will receive a link from the DPS to complete the CURT Application
- Click the link in the email to be taken to the application
- Enter in the information requested on each tab
- Upload pictures of your certificates when prompted
Step 4: Await Approval
- After completing the application, you will receive a confirmation email and tracking number
- Verification by the Department of Public Safety can take between 1 – 10 business days
- After you have completed your registration, please let us know to receive your free welcome package!